I enjoyed a sublime stroll through Bukchon Hanok Village one afternoon while visiting Seoul. Hanok is the word used to describe the traditional style of Korean homes visible in many of the photos below. I have also included some shots from Gyeongbokgung and nearby Unhyeongung, a 19th century royal residence.
A complete travelogue from one unplanned week in Seoul, South Korea. These stories are evenly divided between lengthy travelogues and brief photo galleries and are arranged in rough chronological order.
- First Impressions of Seoul
- Still Images of a Modern Seoul
- A Crash Course in Korean Culture
- Learning to Love Kimchi
- Seodaemun Prison
- Insadong and Cheonggyecheon
- The Dark Side of Seoul
- War Memorial of Korea
- Seoul Inspired
- Bongeunsa Temple
- Hanok Style and Traditional Korea
- Seoul After Dark
- Final Thoughts About My First Trip to Seoul